[GRASSLIST:2774] Fwd: Problem with v.in.db

Leonardo Lami leo.lami at katamail.com
Fri Feb 27 12:44:24 EST 2004

----------  Messaggio inoltrato  ----------

Subject: Problem with v.in.db
Date: 15:58, venerdì 27 febbraio 2004
From: Leonardo Lami <leo.lami at katamail.com>
To: GRASS <grasslist at baylor.edu>

I'd like to import a vector form a database (Postgre SQL), I used the command
string:
v.in.db driver=pg database=host=server.ufficio.net,dbname=renato,user=ekoclub
table=anfibi_count x=latitud y=longitud key=count output=anfibi

The output message say:
D2/3: SQL: select count, latitud, longitud from anfibi_c_05000_count_tab
D3/3: describe_table()
D3/3: kcols = 0
D3/3: col: count, kcols 0, pgtype : 0, sqltype 0, fsize : 0
WARNING: pg driver: column 'count', type 0 is not supported
D3/3: col: latitud, kcols 0, pgtype : 0, sqltype 0, fsize : 0
WARNING: pg driver: column 'latitud', type 0 is not supported
D3/3: col: longitud, kcols 0, pgtype : 0, sqltype 0, fsize : 0
WARNING: pg driver: column 'longitud', type 0 is not supported
D3/3: row = 0 nrows = 74
D3/3: Row fetched

The type specified is the type of the field in the tables?
I setted it as "int8" and there aren't any 0 value in the fields.

What's the problem?

Thank you of all

Leonardo Lami