[GRASSLIST:2160] v.select attributes problem in 5.7

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Thu Jan 8 10:06:50 EST 2004

On Jan 8, 2004, at 4:34 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 January 2004 21:57, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
>> When running v.select on a vector coverage with attributes stored in a
>> relational database (MySQL), the new coverage of selected polygons is
>> associated with a new table that has as many entries as the original
>> table, even though the number of selected polygons is significantly
>> smaller. Is this a bug, or is there another way of getting an
>> attribute
>> table that contains only the attributes for the selected polygons?
>>
>> Running 5.7 on OSX 10.3
>
> More or less bug, I did not have time to write db_copy_table_where()
> so db_copy_table is used and all records are written to output.

I need to get some type of (temporary) solution to this problem, since
an output layer with the wrong attribute table is not very useful. Is
there a way of getting at the cats of the new coverage and using them
with v.extract? I don't mind doing some C programming, if thats what it
takes, but I am not experienced with the GRASS C API, so hints would be
welcome.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia