[GRASSLIST:2192] Re: d.mon socket problem

William K woklist at charter.net
Mon Jan 12 12:27:36 EST 2004

make sure you have the DISPLAY environment var set to :0.0

also make sure X11 is already running, if you're running GRASS from the
Terminal instead of an X11 xterm.

On Jan 12, 2004, at 10:16 AM, David Orme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got grass57 built now - thanks to everyone. When I try and start
> a graphics monitor i get the following (most recent weekly snapshot,
> Mac OS 10.2.8):
>
>> GRASS
>> 5.7.-cvs:/usr/local/src/grass57_exp_2004_01_10/bin.powerpc-apple-
>> darwin6.8 > d.mon start=x0
>> ERROR: Graph_Set: can't open Display
>> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
>> Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
>> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
>>

> Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> David

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro