[GRASSLIST:2194] d.3d gets stuck, so does 3d.view.sh

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Mon Jan 12 14:22:09 EST 2004

I think there may be a problem with my data.

I am using 1:250,000 1 degree DEM files from the USGS that I
successfully imported with r.in.gdal.  I can display them, modify color
tables, patch them together, etc. without any problem.  However, when I
run d.3d with them, I get a tiny one pixel speck in the monitor, and
the command line hangs.  Also, if I run the 3d.view.sh script, I get a
similar result with the following errors:

GRASS:~ > 3d.view.sh file=sa3.shaded2 ef=sa3 exag=.3048
MAP: sa3.shaded2
EXAG: .3048
EF: sa3
FH: 30000
  100%
cat: /Users/jason/grass/TX250k/PERMANENT/../PERMANENT/MYNAME: No such
file or directory
expr: non-numeric argument
expr: syntax error
expr: non-numeric argument
expr: syntax error
expr: non-numeric argument
expr: non-numeric argument
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
^C
GRASS:~ > Monitor <x0>: Premature EOF

Can anyone help tell me what's going on?  I don't think it's my
installation, because I'm using the Open OSX 5.0.2 installation - so I
think my install is pretty standardized.

Any Ideas?

Jason

Jason Horn
Boston University Department of Biology