[GRASSLIST:2243] rectification and display questions

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Thu Jan 15 11:08:57 EST 2004

I am rectifying some raster images and have got a few questions for the
list.

1. After setting points with i.points and running i.rectiy, I get the
expected message that mail will be sent when job is completed. However
I don't seem to get any mail (I assume it would be sent to the local
machine's user account that is logged in and running grass). Is there a
way to check or even change where mail is sent? I end up waiting until
cpu cycles fall off and assuming that means i.rectify is done... not
very satisfactory.

2. After quitting grass and restarting in the new location and mapset
(where i.rectify was projecting to), I can see the new files of the
geocoded tiffs:

g.list type=rast
raster files available in mapset ts2325:
t59n.r10w.1.blue_r	t59n.r10w.1.green_r	t59n.r10w.1.red_r

I just used a _r for the extension that i.rectify asked for...

However, upon attempting to display in a monitor with r.rgb (after
setting region with g.region), all I get is a nice black image. Is
there something that I need to do to the color tables? or have I missed
something else along the way (or is it possible that I interupted
i.rectify before it completed its job).

Thanks

Kirk R. Wythers	                                     tel: 612.625.2261
Dept. of Forest Resources                 fax: 612.625.5212
University of Minnesota      email: kwythers at umn.edu