[GRASSLIST:2263] Converting vmap0: which intermediate format?

Wolfgang von Hansen wvhansen at web.de
Sun Jan 18 06:00:49 EST 2004

Hello,

at last I found out how to convert vmap0 data with ogr2ogr to a format that can be imported to GRASS; however, I didn't try to run v.in.shape yet. My question now is, which of the several output formats is most suitable for a conversion -- i.e. which has got the least amount of loss of information? Are there any options that could improve the conversion?

I have chosen .shp mainly because it was the first on ogr2ogr's list.

Wolfgang