[GRASSLIST:2280] Grass 5.7 database

francesco.pirotti francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Mon Jan 19 02:57:05 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a question on Database management with GRASS 5.7...
In the part of the tutorial "Geometry Stored in PostGRASS database table
using PostGIS"
(http://grass.itc.it/grass51/tutorial/geom_storage.html#PostGRASS)

The example says to take a shape file registered with v.shape.register and use
v.convert to import it into a PostGRES database with PostGIS format.
It did not work with me (gives me a "vector map not found" error), and the
man page for v.convert says that it is used to convert 5.0 vectors to 5.1...
Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Francesco Pirotti
CIRGEO -University of Padua
phone. 049 - 8272522
fax.  049-8272686