[GRASSLIST:2374] Re: v.proj help

Christian G. Tveen cgt at navicon.dk
Wed Jan 28 05:57:58 EST 2004

Thanks a lot!!!

I had't really realized that units had to be meters (I'm very much used
to only use lat/lng even in projected maps.)

I have two further questions: From where did you obtain the precise
values for the boundaries ? (I saw my rounded values written by v.proj)

A more general question is how to obtain the initial WIND/DEFAULT_WIND
file. When starting out, I only have the LL boundaries. Do I manually
calculate the Mercator boundaries for those files, or is there a clever
way ? (g.region initially requires a DEFAULT_WIND file, so somehow I
need a boot-strap)

Best regards
Christian