[GRASSLIST:3833] Re: recursive r.reclass

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jul 8 02:58:30 EDT 2004

William W. Hargrove wrote:

> Although the docs say that you can, I can't seem to reclass a reclass:
>
> [hnw at broke cluster-the-clusters]$ r.reclass input=IA.1000 output=IA.100 <
> reclass.ameriflux1Ar1.100
> ERROR: IA.1000 is a reclass of map <IA.10000> in mapset <final>. Consider
>        to use r.mapcalc to generate a map copy. Exiting.
> [hnw at broke cluster-the-clusters]$
>
> I'm using 5.0 pre3 ...

The ability to reclass a reclass map was disabled in versions prior to
-pre4, when it was re-enabled. However, a significant bug in this
functionality was fixed in 5.0.3, so you need 5.0.3 or later (5.3/5.7)
in order to (reliably) reclass a reclass map.

In any case, there are plenty of other reasons to upgrade from -pre3
(Jan 2002), primarily the large number of bugs which have been fixed
since then.