[GRASSLIST:3889] Re: interrupted map projection in batch

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 17:03:33 EDT 2004

Hello

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 White.Denis at epamail.epa.gov wrote:

[...]
> about how to set up the new "location"s in a batch script.  g.proj and
> g.region would set up the region and projection, but do I have to set up
> the directories like PERMANENT and files like WIND, etc. with shell
> commands, or is there some GRASS command I haven't found that will do
> that?

Using the -c flag and location= option, g.proj will set up a new location
with a PERMANENT mapset and PROJ_INFO, PROJ_UNITS, WIND and DEFAULT_WIND
(these are all the files you need for a valid GRASS location). The WIND
and DEFAULT_WIND can be set up correctly with g.region. You would need to
change the current location from within a GRASS session; I'm not sure
off-hand how to do this but if you search the mailing list archives you
will find some examples (really just amounts to changing some variables
using g.gisenv I think). When you have finished with a location you can
delete it with rm -rf I suppose.

Did you try this with g.proj and it didn't work for you---have you got a
script with problems that needs debugged yet or not got that far?

Paul