[GRASSLIST:3899] Re: getting started in grass

nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Tue Jul 13 23:44:15 EDT 2004

>>nick
>> my home directory is /home/nglawre under which I have put the spearfish
>> dataset.
>>
>> When I start grass, I am asked to provide a location mapset and
database.

>> I'm not sure what the correct entries are, for running the spearfish
>> dataset.
>
>Hamish
>"database" will be the directory that holds all your grass data, e.g.:
>/home/nglawre/grassdata

I used /home/nglawre since I unzipped the spearfish dataset directly
into /home/nglawre. That is, the full directory of spearfish is
/home/nglawre/spearfish. I suppose this is not the most elegant,
but I am literally only using the sun box for grass and nothing else.

>"location" will be spearfish

done

>"mapset" will be user1

done

The error is;
"Sorry no access to user1

Mapsets in location spearfish
PERMANENT user1"

Which tells me that the mapset exists but I am denied
access.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.