[GRASSLIST:3942] Re: (no subject)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 00:27:15 EDT 2004

> Can anyone explain what is causing segmentation faults when I run
> r.texture?  It happens everytime the program nears completion,
> regardless of window size.

- What's the command line you are using?
- How big is your region? (cols x rows from 'g.region -p')
- Integer or floating point values in the map?
- You can watch memory usage by running 'top' in another terminal window.

from the help page:
"Be sure to carefully set your resolution (using g.region) before running
this program, or else your computer could run out of memory. Also, make
sure that your raster map has no more than 255 categories."

Hamish