[GRASSLIST:3945] Re: tk.h/grass5.3/mdk10

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Sat Jul 17 11:19:57 EDT 2004

> > Maciek Sieczka wrote:

> > I tried to build a Grass 5.3 on Mdk10 but I've got stucked on a
following
> > ./configure stage:
> >
> > checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
> > checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
> > checking for tcl.h... yes
> > checking for tk.h... no
> > configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tk includes.
>
> > What may be the reason?

> Glynn Clements wrote:

> Look in config.log; that file shows the commands which configure runs,
> and any error/warning messages which they generate.

Thanks, following your advice I managed to build the Grass 5.3 from source
and it didn't hurt too much (but I had to go for the Mdk 9.2 BlueHawk
because the regular Mdk 10 does not provide all the libs and inludes
required for building Grass).

There where no errors wich would stop the building and all the stuff seems
to be working fine, even NVIZ, great. But I found two errors in the
"configure" log:

configure:4260: error: too many arguments to function `setpgrp'
configure:5178: error: structure has no member named `maxy'

and a few warnings there too (and plenty of warnings in the "make" log)

Should I be concerned?

Maciek