[GRASSLIST:3959] Re: Some questions about 5.3 and r.cva

Benjamin Ducke benducke at compuserve.de
Mon Jul 19 12:32:58 EDT 2004

Hi,

I believe there are some instructions included in the r.cva
source package that tell you to adjust the binary paths
in your GRASS source tree (INSTALL.txt).
If you don't the compiled modules are likely to end
up in your source tree instead of the GRASS 5 binary
installation tree (usually /usr/local/grass53 or similar) and
you won't be able to execute them.

However, if you get it to compile and install it still won't
be very useful because it is essentially GRASS 4.X code and
does not handle floating point raster, GRASS 5 sites format
or NULL values.
I have done a conversion of r.cva to GRASS 5.0/3/7
that works with floating point und NULL values and also
uses the new sites format.
I have tried to email Mark a while ago to ask him if I was
allowed to distribute this updated version but got no
reply so far.

I am a bit reluctant to just publish his code without his
expressed affirmation.
I will try to contact him again about it and hopefully
get a reply (Mark, do you read this -- please answer!).

Cheers,

Benjamin