[GRASSLIST:3977] Re: d.nviz command

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 02:26:30 EDT 2004

> I am a new user of GRASS, currently i am using the 5.0.3 version. In
> the command manual i have seen the command  "d.nviz" for animmation.

d.nviz is a new module and only present in the most recent releases.

Note the online help pages are for GRASS 5.3 and 5.7 commands, not 5.0.3.

> But when i am trying to use that command its showing the message
> "bash: d.nviz command not found". The "nviz" command is working fine.
> I want to know wheather this "d.nviz" command is working or not or
> wheather this command is replaced by some other command. Hope to get
> some help.

In the GRASS 5.3 source tree, it can be found in:
  src/grass/grass53/src.contrib/GMSL/d.nviz

Compile with 'cd src/grass/grass53/src.contrib/GMSL/d.nviz ; gmake53'
[that is if you compiled the rest of GRASS 5.3 from source]

I don't think it exists in 5.7 yet.. I guess we should fix that.

Hamish