[GRASSLIST:4009] Re: Landsat image mosaicing

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 23 12:37:04 EDT 2004

You first need to get rid of that black space around the edge by
running r.null on both tiles.  If you are worried about losing
information in the image (all zeros) then you could run r.null again
after you have r.patch'ed the tiles together (and set your region), and
set all your nulls back to zero.

Your colors are always going to be different on each tile (each tile
was taken at different times, with different lighting, different
terrain, etc.) but it should be fine.

Good luck,
Ian