[GRASSLIST:3592] GRASS and Cities GIS

Jerome Oufella jero at gcu-squad.org
Fri Jun 4 10:48:04 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

	I am discovering GRASS and I was wondering if it could be suitable
(even with some minor or major contributions in its development) to act
as the core for a big city's GIS system, including :
	- Using a big number of raster aerial/satellite views in different
scales,
	- Using a database of vector informations (roads, subway, underground,
panels,...) that can be exported/converted,
	- Doing measurements, updates, and so on though a graphical
application.
	- And everything such an application could be used to.

The idea behind this is to provide cities with an efficient replacement
to the existing commercial GIS systems they are using. This could lead
to heavy contributions to the open source GIS world.

Thanks in advance for any opinion, link, or comment regarding GRASS or
any existing open source project.

With best regards,
Jerome.