[GRASSLIST:3760] Re: v.digit and raster as background

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 04:18:10 EDT 2004

> > > P.S.: For some commands I would appreciate a short example at the
> > > bottom of the html-man-pages, this would make it easier to
> > > understand the command.
> >
> > Once you have some that you feel illustrate the modules well, please
> > submit them for inclusion.
>
> submit them where, as wish or to the author (Radim)?

[This goes for bug reports too]

It is best to submit patches to the bug system so they don't get lost.

http://grass.ibiblio.org/bugtracking/bugreport.html

If you post them to one of the mailing lists they will be archived, but
probably forgotten if they aren't taken care of immediately.

Same problem, but more acute, if you just email the author.

Cut-and-pasted text is better than nothing, but it's usually best to
send a patch.

Use:

diff -u original_helppage.html new_helppage.html > new_help.diff
or
cvs diff -u new_helppage.html > new_help.diff

or something like that to make the patch file. This makes it a lot
easier for others to review & commit the changes, versus sending a whole
new file and then everyone else playing spot the differences.

I don't think the bug system deals with diff files very well though; if
you cut-and-paste the diff file to the bug input screen it will probably
wrap the text & screw it up. Maybe it works better if you submit patches
via email to grass-bugs at intevation.de instead of the web interface. ??

Hamish