[GRASSLIST:2815] Re: r.in.gdal and Erdas datafile

Tue Mar 2 17:38:09 EST 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 22:11, Martin du Saire wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I am running GRASS5.0 in Cygwin.
>
> I have a .img file that i.in.erdas tells me is older than version
> 7.4.  r.in.gdal doesn't recognize the file as supported file format.  Is
> there a workaround for importing these data?

Hello,

As far as I know does i.in.erdas only work with *.lan files, r.in.gdal should
be able to recognize  *.img files. No idea why it failed.
I am not sure when ERDAS changes their file types and which correspond to 7.4.
As far as I know they changed it three times *.gis, *.lan and finally *.img.
If you have ERDAS running on your machine as well, you might try to export
your file as *.lan and import it into GRASS with i.in.erdas.
Another very convenient method would be to export your image in ERDAS directly
as GRASS file.

I hope it helps, regards Martin