[GRASSLIST:2822] Re: v.what.rast bug?

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed Mar 3 04:01:20 EST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 02:59, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2004, at 1:30 PM, Radim Blazek wrote:
> > You can generate points
> > in the middle of lines using v.segment.
>
> When I run v.segment, grass seems to hang, but without using CPU. If I
> press enter, I get a message:
>
> WARNING: Incorrect segment type:
>
> then it hangs again until I press enter again, which gives me another
> message. I've never seen this behaviour before.

And what is the segment type, what is sent to stdin of v.segment?
Maybe I was too brief. v.segment creates points on the line for given
distance from the beginning. So you must send to stdin something like
P 1 356 24.56
P 2 495 12.31
etc., you need the half of the length which you can get using v.to.db

But I read again your original mail and I think, that it may happen,
that one line intersects more areas. In that case, would not be better
to convert basins_area to vector and use v.overlay?

Radim