[GRASSLIST:2913] Re: proj4 and grass57

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 16:52:43 EST 2004

> I have a problem with proj4 library, using debian3.0 and compiling
> grass57:
>
> checking for location of External PROJ.4 includes...
> checking for proj_api.h... yes
> checking External PROJ.4 version... 445
> configure: error: *** PROJ.4.4.6 or later is required.
>
> I was trying to exclude proj4 use using the "--without-proj4 or
> --without-proj" option but it doesn't work.
> Anyone can suggest some fix for this?

You can install the Debian/testing version of PROJ (4.4.7) as follows:

add the following to /etc/apt/apt.conf

APT
{
        Default-Release "stable";
};

then, edit /etc/apt/sources.list and make a copy of the line with your
mirror after the existing one, but change 'stable' (or woody) to 'testing'

apt-get update
apt-get -t testing install proj

Downside of that is it might want to upgrade libc6 while it's at it.

To get around that, add a "deb-src ... testing" line to sources.list,

apt-get update
apt-get -t testing --compile source proj
dpkg -i your_new_proj_package.deb

I think... it's been a while since I've had to do this.

good luck,
Hamish