[GRASSLIST:2928] ps.map - only one raster??

francesco.pirotti francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Sat Mar 13 15:44:44 EST 2004

Hi everyone.

GRASS's module ps.map works really well, especially in 5.7 where it is
supported by a really nice GUI from d.m.

Question 1:
does it really permit to print any number of vectors but only ONE
raster?  What if I have two separate rasters to print?

Question 2:  I seem to always have the vectors being drawn OVER my
raster... what if I want my raster on top of everything?

I know it is strange, but I have a black and white map where I have given
NULL value to the white parts thus giving it some "transparency" so that I
can draw poligon areas below it and see both the poligon and the map
characteristics over the same area (otherwise the poligon would totally
paint over my map).  But if I use ps.map it draws all my vectors on top of
my raster.

Is there a way?  Tips welcome (even programming tips, I get around a little
with GRASS's C modules and tcl for d.m)

Thanks!
Francesco Pirotti
CIRGEO - University of Padua