[GRASSLIST:3000] Re: Importing to grass with all columns

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 21:56:08 EST 2004

> Say, I have a shape file containing few text type columns that I need
> to use in grass.
> After importing to grass, I want to get all columns.
> What might be the procedure I have to follow ?

For 5.0/5.3 versions of GRASS:

use v.in.shape multiple times with the label= option, making a new
vector map each time for each data column. The old vector format can
only handle one attribute at a time. The new (GRASS 5.7) format is not
subject to this limitation.

GRASS 5.7:
use v.in.ogr and everything should just work.

Hamish