[GRASSLIST:3040] note on r.in.gdal segmentation fault and 0x20 issues

Geoffrey Williams geoffreyfw at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 18:36:06 EST 2004

I recently was having trouble with r.in.gdal, where it
would automatically have a segmentation fault.

I spent a good deal of time going through the
GRASSLIST archives and other documentation, and just
wanted to document something it took me a while to
figure out.

As Massimiliano Cannata wrote to the GRASSLIST on Sept
17, 2003, the key to recovering from the segmentation
fault issue is to first:

make distclean

then

./configure --with-gdal

(Some of the documentation implies you need to
configure --with-gdal=[path to gdal-config] but this
didn't work for me - I may have misunderstood the
documentation)

then

make
make install

Regarding r.in.gdal's issues with 0x20 (I posted a
message a few days ago on on this),  Frank Warmerdam
has fixed this in GDAL, so all versions of GDAL after
March 27, 2004 should work with 0x20s.

thanks to Frank for his help with these issues.

Geoffrey