[GRASSLIST:3350] Re: Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 20:20:29 EDT 2004

> I download and compile Grass 5.0.3, and I recieve this message, after
> the compilation. here is my error.log
>

> GRASS GIS compilation log
> -------------------------
> Start of compilation: Tue May  4 05:38:31 EDT 2004
> Errors:
> Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
> End of compilation:   Tue May  4 05:42:01 EDT 2004
> DONE generating GRASS GIS binary code
>
> I try with
> ./configure --with-gdal
> ./configure --with-gdal='/usr/local/bin/gdal-configure'
> ./configure --with-gdal='/usr/local/bin'

--with-gdal checks /usr/local automatically, and if path is used, it
should include the executable as on your second line.

> I have openev installed and it works. Also, I have libgdal1
>
> # slocate libgdal
> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.1.1.so

> PS: I'm using Debian 3 SID, on a notebook Compaq Presario 2175US

Install the following Debian packages. (you may need to remove the
version in /usr/local if it doesn't work/crashes ?)

gdal-bin - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Utility programs
libgdal1 - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
libgdal1-dev - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Development files

Hamish