[GRASSLIST:3356] cygwin and the R-Grass Interface

Matthew Tennant Matthew.Tennant at MobileInnovation.co.uk
Wed May 5 07:13:29 EDT 2004

Hello Grasslist,
                I am hoping to use the R-Grass interface to perform
kriging on a number of discrete surface points to create a surface. (as
r.surf.krig is not supported I think) I am running the Windows port of
GRASS 5.0.2.What I would like to know is - how do I get this going with
Cygwin? I have installed R from CRAN (Windows download) and that just
seems to be a Windows point and click GUI - very nice but it doesn't seem
to interface with GRASS. If I type R at the cygwin prompt when in GRASS,
the command is not recognised. I must be missing something here - can
anyone help? (Do I need to install the Linux version of R and run under
cygwin?)

                                                regards,
                                                        Matt