[GRASSLIST:3370] Re: [GRASS5] image analysis question - undocumented limitations to i.cluster or i.maxlik

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 7 02:39:04 EDT 2004

Chris,

In addition to the resolution issue noted below, I discovered another
undocumented limitation to i.cluster or i.maxlik that was causing it
not to classify my ASTER data (I don't know in which it is).
Apparently, one or both of the programs will not handle more than 7
bands (actually I haven't yet tested 8, but know they won't handle 9).
I suppose that when they were written this was a compromise for the
available processing power of normal computers and the kinds of imagery
readily available. Now, with more processing power and imagery with
more bands, I wonder it this limitation could be raised?

Michael
C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA