[GRASSLIST:3426] Re: srtm30 world data (was correct big holes in srtm data)

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon May 17 02:36:05 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 12:34:07AM -2300, tatel at euskalnet.net wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Markus wrote:
> > In case srtm30 data are available .... (only US AFAIK).
>
> See http://edcftp.cr.usgs.gov/pub/data/srtm/SRTM30/
>
> It seems to have entire world, but since I don't know about GTOPO30 may
> be not all tiles are updated...

Ah, sorry, I was confused.

SRTM30 are the 0:00:30 arcseconds data (approx 1 km res.)

I was thinking of SRTM at 30m (meters! = 3 arcsec) which is only
available for North America. And there is now US at 1 arcsec...

Thanks for the clarification,

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it