[GRASSLIST:3451] Complex SQL queries in d.vect (GRASS 5.7)

Funkmeister funkmeister at lynxseismicdata.com
Thu May 20 11:26:41 EDT 2004

Hello, Is there any way to actually specify an SQL statement in d.vect
that would be executed to produce the cat ids for display? The problem
I am facing is that in order to display labels and lines, I need to
execute an SQL statement with an inner join, and d.vect does not seem
to be doing this for me.

This is the output from v.db.connect -p bntl_shp:
Vector map <bntl_shp> is connected by:
field <1> table <bntl_shp_1> in database
<host=localhost,dbname=bc_alb,user=postgres> through driver <pg> with
key <cat>
field <2> table <bntl_shp_2> in database
<host=localhost,dbname=bc_alb,user=postgres> through driver <pg> with
key <cat>
field <3> table <bntl_shp_3> in database
<host=localhost,dbname=bc_alb,user=postgres> through driver <pg> with
key <cat>

I am displaying my lines through d.vect and a where clause on field 1.
I need to display labels from field 3. However in order to do that, i
need to join query results from field 1 with field 3.

The only approach I can see is that I create a new column in table
bntl_shp_1 that would store my attr labels in that column rather then
storing the attr labels in bntl_shp_3.

Craig