[GRASSLIST:3455] Re: ITCSpam: Complex SQL queries in d.vect (GRASS 5.7)

Funkmeister funkmeister at lynxseismicdata.com
Thu May 20 15:13:13 EDT 2004

Thanks Radim, I suspect that you are correct in that there was a shp
file for the lines and a shp for the labels.

I tried your approach but it did not work as expected because (I think)
the col in the where clause does not exist in both tables. So in order
for this to work I would need to be able to specify how to join the
query results from the two tables together.

I ended up creating new columns in 1 table and updating the table with
the relevant data. Now it works.

Thanks

On 20-May-04, at 10:26 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Thursday 20 May 2004 17:26, Funkmeister wrote:
>> <snip>
>> The only approach I can see is that I create a new column in table
>> bntl_shp_1 that would store my attr labels in that column rather then
>> storing the attr labels in bntl_shp_3.
<snip>