[GRASSLIST:3467] need help with a script

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun May 23 02:46:24 EDT 2004

I've written a handy script to read a Terra-ASTER satellite image into
GRASS using gdalwarp and r.in.gdal. However, I am baffled by why it
won't work if I enter projection information to georeference the ASTER
image into a specified geographic projection.

The script works fine if I don't enter the information. If enter the
information, echo the gdal command created by the script, and paste the
echo'ed output into the command line, it runs fine. I've tried every
permutation I can think of to get gdalwarp to recognize the -t_srs
parameter. Obviously, I haven't yet hit on the correct on.

If anyone has a few minutes to look at this, the relevant line is #116
(gdalwarp $GIS_FLAG_q $tgt_srs $srcfile $dstfile). Thanks much for any
help.

Michael Barton
C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA