[GRASSLIST:3483] Re: ddd debugger and GRASS

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon May 24 21:04:10 EDT 2004

Jaime Carrera wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use the DDD debugger with GRASS? I used it
> while compiling a module I wrote, but when I tried to run it on the
> compiled module I could only read GRASS's front end,

The "programs" in GRASS' bin directory are (almost) all hard links to
etc/front.end. The real programs are in etc/bin/cmd and etc/bin/inter.
The etc/front.end program just invokes either the cmd or inter
version, depending upon which versions exist and whether any arguments
were supplied.

To debug GRASS modules, specify the path to the program in the
etc/bin/cmd (or inter) directory rather than to the link in the bin
directory.