[GRASSLIST:3494] Re: script for importing Terra-ASTER data

Zbigniew Perski perski at us.edu.pl
Wed May 26 05:36:44 EDT 2004

Folks,

This script it seems to be a great thing which may speed up work of many
people. Greath thanks to Michael Barton for his work.

I am currently trying to use it since I am actually working with aster
data.
I have copied r.in aster to /usr/lical/grass5/scripts directory, changed
permissions to be executable and tried to lauch:

GRASS:~ > r.in.aster
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory/bin/sh

?! Another way:

GRASS:~ > sh r.in.aster
: command not found:
: command not found:
: command not found:
'.in.aster: line 58: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'.in.aster: line 58: `case $GIS_OPT_band in

I am sure that I have sh installed in my system:
GRASS:~ > whereis sh
sh: /bin/sh /usr/share/man/man1/sh.1.gz
GRASS:~ >

Gdal is also present in my system:
GRASS:~ > whereis gdal
gdal: /usr/include/gdal.h /usr/share/gdal
GRASS:~ > whereis gdalwarp
gdalwarp: /usr/bin/gdalwarp /usr/share/man/man1/gdalwarp.1.gz

So, what is wrong? I am using grass5.0.3, is it a case?

I am working on PC i586 with GNU/Linux

Regards

Zbigniew

--