[GRASSLIST:3548] Re: Geophysical framework: WHITE PAPER

Sun May 30 04:49:24 EDT 2004

Hello Benjamin,

On Saturday 29 May 2004 22:46, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
[...]
> I have another suggestion for a contribution I could make:
> I have written a set of modules for GRASS 5.3 that allow
> Belief-based spatial prediction.
> It uses Dempster-Shafer's Theory of Evidence which is
> sort of a generalised probability theory.

it sounds pretty interesting especially because Fabien Fivaz will write an
article featuring non-linear spatial modelling via GRASP-R

> Let me know if this is a sort of topic that would be
> suited for the GRASS newsletter and I will write up something.
[...]

yes, I think every kind of GRASS capabilities will be suited for the GRASS
Newsletter - there does a wide variety of GRASS user exist and everyone uses
a different set of capabilities -- I am myself still astonished which
capabilities can be found inside GRASS.

When your geophysical module work reached a certain stage (that you can be
sure to deliver all hopes ;-)  ), it would be great to read something
covering this topic.

regards, Martin