[GRASSLIST:5007] Re: Still having database trouble.

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun May 30 15:07:22 EDT 2004

Good luck with this. I did get the database link to work with an older
version of 5.7. I think that I started by importing a vector file (a
dxf or microstation dgn file), then created and connect to a new dbf
database using v.digit. Then, once the database was created within
GRASS and linked, I modified the dbf file in some dbf program (in fact,
I think I imported it into Filemaker, modified it there, and then
reexported it, replacing the original dbf file). This was clearly not
the way one should have to do things. I've got to say, I used to do
this sort of thing using ArcView, simply linking databases to
geographic data, and it was completely easy and transparent there. I
wish it were easier in GRASS.

I  would still much prefer to connect directly with the filemaker
databases. Were you able to set up Filemaker as an odbc source?

Good luck,

Nick