[GRASSLIST:4697] v.in.ascii and dig_cats file

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 13:14:43 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to create a vector file through v.in.ascii, following the
template files in Example 1 from the v.in.ascii manual page:

http://grass.itc.it/grass57/manuals/html57_user/v.in.ascii.html

How does the category input from dig_cats work? There was a similar
thread last week started by Ian MacMillan but I didn't see a solution to
getting a dig_cats file working. I've appended head output for the
ascii, att and cats files that I have created, in case there is problem
there.

(Recent build of Grass 5.7 running on RHEL 3).

Many thanks,

David

[dorme at diomedea dorme]$ head -n 20 dig_ascii/EBCC_Grid
ORGANIZATION: ADHoC
DIGIT DATE:   26/10/2004
DIGIT NAME:   -
MAP NAME:     EBCC_Grid
MAP DATE:     2004
MAP SCALE:    50000
OTHER INFO:   Test polygons
ZONE:         0
MAP THRESH:   0.500000
VERTI:
A 7
 3000000 202512
 3000000 250000
 3000000 300000
 3050000 300000
 3050000 250000
 3050000 203715
 3000000 202512
A 5
 3000000 300000
[dorme at diomedea dorme]$ head -n 20 dig_att/EBCC_Grid
A 250000 3025000 1
A 3e+05 3025000 2
A 350000 3025000 3
A 4e+05 3025000 4
A 450000 3025000 5
A 5e+05 3025000 6
A 550000 3025000 7
A 6e+05 3025000 8
A 650000 3025000 9
A 7e+05 3025000 10
A 250000 3075000 11
A 3e+05 3075000 12
A 350000 3075000 13
A 4e+05 3075000 14
A 450000 3075000 15
A 5e+05 3075000 16
A 550000 3075000 17
A 6e+05 3075000 18
A 650000 3075000 19
A 7e+05 3075000 20
[dorme at diomedea dorme]$ head -n 20 dig_cats/EBCC_Grid
# 904 categories
Vector map: EBCC_Grid

0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
1:31SBL4