[GRASSLIST:4731] Re: missing header files when compiling GRASS 5.7

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Nov 7 16:38:26 EST 2004

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> Yes, I tried with both absolute and relative path specs and it wouldn't work.
> The GRASS 5.3 sources were configured, compiled and installed first.
> Are those header files supposed to be read in from the 5.3 source tree?

"make mix" generates symlinks to the 5.3 source tree, while
"make copymix" will copy the files. However, you can undo "make mix"
using "make mixclean", but "make copymix" can't be undone.

With the 5.7.0 tarball, "make copymix" has already been run, so it
includes all of the necessary files. The CVS tree needs "make mix".