[GRASSLIST:4746] A bug in GRASS?

Chavoux Luyt educluyt at sun.ac.za
Tue Nov 9 05:44:12 EST 2004

Hi!

A question, but not too serious:

I imported vector fata from MapInfo (.MIF) file. The vector included
both point and line data (it is waterpoints being either dams or
streams). When I display the vector all the data are visible. Also when
I query them with the mouse, all of their attributes are correct as
well. However, when I open the .dbf file in Gnumeric one item (one data
point) is missing.

I did a v.extract (to get only the permanent water points) on the data
with the same result. All points and streams are shown on the map, all
attributes correct when queried with mouse, but one river (visible in
the original .dbf) missing from the .dbf file. Any explanations?

Greetings
Chavoux Luyt
MSc(Conservation Ecology) Student: University of Stellenbosch