[GRASSLIST:4793] v.digit crash

"Molina Müller" yuhuu at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 18:07:56 EST 2004

Could anybody give me an idea what's wrong with my v.digit? (grass57,
Cygwin, WinNT4, NTFS)

Neither installing the downloadable cygwin binaries nor compiling grass57
myself gives me a usable v.digit.
Both versions do the same:
-erase mon
-execute bgcmd
-display the nodes already present in the map
and finally:
-Segmentation fault (Core dumped) (if started on the command line)
-nothing (if started by the tcltk-menu)
-Error: child killed: segmentation violation (if started by the display
manager); complete error message see below.

Before v.digit dies the harddisc is quite busy for about 1/4 sec.

With DEBUG=3 the last message on the console is:

D2/3: node = 31 NodeSymb = 13
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

(BTW: The vector map contains 31 nodes)

I'd very appreciate an idea what to do. I've already read the thread
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-April/007754.html, but I don't
understand what that could mean for me.

Starting grass with    grass57 -text    doesn't help.

I'd be really glad to get this great program working!!
Molina

Error Message when v.digit started by display manager:

child killed: segmentation violation
child killed: segmentation violation
    while executing
"exec v.digit -n map=railr >@stdout 2>@stdout"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
    (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
    invoked from within
"Dm::execute $cmd"
    (procedure "DmVector::WorkOnVector" line 21)
    invoked from within
"DmVector::WorkOnVector $sel"
    ("vector" arm line 2)
    invoked from within
"switch $type {
        raster {
            return
        }
        labels {
            return
        }
        vector {
	    DmVector::WorkOnVecto..."
    (procedure "Dm::edit" line 14)
    invoked from within
"Dm::edit"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 $cmd"
    (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
    invoked from within
"Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox2.b5"
    (command bound to event)

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++