[GRASSLIST:4823] Generating centroids

David Mahoney mahoneyd at unbc.ca
Sat Nov 13 16:03:12 EST 2004

I seem to have missed something out of the grass57 tutorials. I have
imported some an arc line coverage, converted it to boundaries, and
built it as polygons. However, I can't figure out how to assign the
attribute from the boundaries to the finished polygons. This should be
possible, as the input vectors were doubled along common boundaries
(not topological). What I don't want to have to do is to use v.extract
to extract each category to a new map, assign the attributes to that
map, then patch them all back together. Is there some way to
automatically generate centroids?

David Mahoney