[GRASSLIST:4846] Re: close vector polylines

DrakeGis drakegis at dacafe.com
Tue Nov 16 08:32:46 EST 2004

Hi,

  IN GRASS 5.7
  I guess the automatic way to connect your lines is using v.clean setting
tools=snap, be aware with the thresold value.Also with v.digit you could
assign a Value to each polygons (I usually assign values to centrois).

  I'm not sure if all the features are working in the same way on older
GRASS versions. But if you are able to create the polygons then you
could export the file to a shapefile and edit the DBF file with (for
example) OpenOffice (using tools->Data source).

  regards.

   D.

> I have imported a shape-file with lines and I want to create Polygons from
> these lines.
> The lines are arranged in a way that I only need to connect one end of the
> line with the other end in order to close a polygon.
>
> 1. Is there a modul that automizes this task (connecting one end of a line
> with the other end of the same line)?
>
> 2. How can I assign a single Value to the polygons created in the
> procedure
> mentioned in 1. ?
>
> Thank you for any helpful suggestions.
>
> Richard

Stay ahead of the information curve.
Receive GIS news and jobs on your desktop daily.
Subscribe today to the GIS CafeNews newsletter.
[ http://www10.giscafe.com/nl/newsletter_subscribe.php ]
It's informative and essential.