[GRASSLIST:4954] Re: New GRASS-Books

Manfred Redslob redslob at land.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 25 05:07:06 EST 2004

Hi Janos,

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E1nos?= wrote ..

> On Nov 24, 2004, at 4:17 AM, Manfred Redslob wrote:
>
> > Dear GRASS-Users,
> >
> > we like to inform you about new GRASS-Books:
> >
> > 1) The book
> >
> >  Open source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach, 2nd Edition 2004
> >  by Markus Neteler and Helena Mitasova,
> >  Kluwer Academics Publisher, ISBN 1-4020-8064-6
>
> I have an older edition of this book.  Is it possible to get a list
> about the new features and updates, so one can see if the extra
> spending is warranted or not ?

The 2nd edition is based on GRASS 5.3, version december 2003 . There are much actualisation like

- import external data
- spacial modeling (raster, vector, points)
- image processing
- visualization
- connecting other free software like geostatisics, web applications

> > If you like, you can buy it at every bookshop or order it online at
> > www.gdf-hannover.de/gis.php?id=3 (79,90 Euro + shipping coast). We
> > guess
> > it is a nice price.
> >
> > 2) The book
> >
> >  GRASS 5.7 Script (german language)
> >  edited by GDF Hannover
> >  published by the Editor, GNU FDL
> >
> > You can order this script at the link above (22,90 Euro + shipping
> > coast). Because this script is licensed under GNU FDL, you also can
> > freely download it.
>
> Any URL to it ?

2nd Edition:

http://mpa.itc.it/grassbook2/