[GRASSLIST:4969] Re: grass 5.7 vs. Debian sid

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Fri Nov 26 02:08:16 EST 2004

Hello Dan,

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:57:26 +0800 Dan Jacobson <jidanni at jidanni.org>
wrote:

> Odd, 7MB for source on
> http://grass.cis.sinica.edu.tw/grass57/source/snapshot/
> sounds like the 7MB for binary on
> http://grass.itc.it/grass57/binary/linux/snapshot/

I would recommend downloading the Source-snapshot of GRASS 5.7 which
comes with a proper debian/-folder to build your own .deb on the
debian-way.

source-snapshot:
http://grass.itc.it/grass57/source/snapshot/ (7.2mb)

You can easily update from CVS with this snapshot, so no long downloads
anymore...

Give it a try.

I did that on my (heaviliy modified) debian sid box successfully once.

> and not the several times larger file one sees with
> apt-get source grass --print-uris
> Hmmm, how did it get so slim and trim?
>
> Well if I Use The Source, then I would have been immune from the above
> problems in the first place?

Hope that helps.

Cheers
	Stephan