[GRASSLIST:4444] Re: GIS Day

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Oct 1 02:25:07 EDT 2004

Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Have a look to geomorphix:
> http://www.geomorphix.org/modules/news/
> Also: please do not use distribution with grass 5.0. It is very old, and gives
> a wrong impression of what GRASS really is now.
> 57 is ok.

I think the GISIX Live CD which Peter demonstrated and
presented at FOSS/GRASS 2004 in Thailand has the GRASS5.7
also on it. You can see the abstract here.

http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/viewabstract.php?id=49

The FOSS/GRASS 2004 Secretariat in Thailand is mow publishing
about 100 copies of the GISIX CD for distribution to the
participants who attended the INSTALLFEST.

Maybe the FOSS/GRASS Secretariat in Thailand can burn a few
more CDs for your use.

Try to contact them at grass04_office at eng.chula.ac.th

I also heard from Yann (STAR-CD) that he was trying to include
GRASS5.7 in his live-cd. Maybe he has done so already.

His paper on STAR-CD with his e-mail address is available at

http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/viewpaper.php?id=28

Bye

Venkatesh