[GRASSLIST:4566] Re: grass wiki

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 18:33:04 EDT 2004

> I'm looking at the grass wiki right now, and there
> are all these hyperlinks to external websites that
> seem to have nothing to do with GRASS.
>
> What's going on?

evil spammers hijacking the wiki to promote their ranking on google.
(the wiki is open for the whole community to contribute to, but this
open door lets the jerks in too)

see:
 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/4181

wiki:
 http://grass.itc.it/wiki2/

anybody have tips on how to restore the pages? (many/most are affected)
[better than copying from the google cache?]

The history gives pages with "Recent Changes" but no way to revert/undo.

Hamish