[GRASSLIST:4570] Querying a vector map in another mapset

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 18 21:15:01 EDT 2004

Hello,
Silly question I know, but I can't seem to find the answer in manuals:
In Grass570, how do I query a vector map in another mapset, without switching
to this mapset ?
A command such as
echo "select BLAH from MAP at OTHERMAPSET where ..." | db.select -c
raises me a protocol error. Switching to OTHERMAPSET and starting the same
request (with MAP instead of MAP at OTHERMAPSET) works without problem.

Thanks a lot in advance

P.

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering