[GRASSLIST:4635] Re: v.out.ogr attributes

William K woklist at charter.net
Mon Oct 25 11:04:46 EDT 2004

Something I noticed when using the r.contour command: the elevations
are added not only as attributes, but as the z of the vectors.  Back
when the elevs were not put in an attrib, but just the cat (and z), I
noticed that the vector z value is not exported to the shapefile
attribute table, but it does show up in d.what.vect (it's with the
length info).  Maybe v.in.ogr is putting the elevation into the vector
z and not an actual attribute?  (as an attribute, it should show up in
a 'field' in d.what.vect)

just a thought.  don't have any DLGs handy to test.

On Oct 25, 2004, at 4:26 AM, Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Friday 22 October 2004 20:22, Ann Marie Gorman wrote:
>> Ok. It appears that I can subscribe now! Sorry about that....
>>
>> Hi List.
>> I'm looking for help with v.out.ogr.
>> The goal is to import SDTS DLGs into GRASS and export them as
>> ESRI_shapefiles WITH the Elevation attribute information. Ultimately I
>> would like to create a scriptt o do many files (all 50 that I have).
>>
>> I still cannot export the Elevation attributes for my DLG...I have

> All steps are correct, I have no idea. Try to export other map
> and try GML output.
>
> Radim
>
>> This is the first time I am trying to use the new database
>> functionality,
>> so please bear with me! My goal is to export at least the cat field
>> so that
>> I can join the table manually  in ArcView.
>>
>> Thank you so much for any advice!
>>
>> Ann Marie
>> amg24 at case.edu

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy