[GRASSLIST:4664] Patching Vectors and Postgress

DrakeGis drakegis at dacafe.com
Thu Oct 28 10:22:45 EDT 2004

Hi GRASS people,
  I have the following issues....
I have a lot of Shapefiles (with three attributes each) that I
successfully imported into GRASS 5.7 connected with Postgres. I can see
the attributeds of each file from GRASS and also from POSTGRES. I Also
have additional datasets for these files in others postgres tables

1) I want to change the ID of my area-vector in GRASS in order to
reference the same KEY value that I have on the other tables. Is it
possible ?

2) Is it possible to export to a file the centroids of the vectors ?

3) I want to create only one vector with all the files, so I'm using
v.patch, after doing
  I receive the message that,
3.1) Intersections at borders will have to be snapped
3.2) Lines common between files will have to be edited
3.3) The header information also may have to be edited
  I also read that v.clean should be able to solve that issues.I also know
that vectors don't overlap (they are very close but there is no contact
among them)

-Fisrt of all why I don't have a new table corresponding to my NEW vector
AB in my database ?????
-Second,
  v.clean input=AB output=ABClean tool=snap thresh=200

GRASS 5.7.0:~ > v.clean input=AB output=ABClean tool=snap thresh=200
+---------------------------------+---------------+
| Tool                            | Threshold     |
+---------------------------------+---------------+
| Snap vertices                    | 2.000000e+02 |
+---------------------------------+---------------+
WARNING: Vector 'ABClean' already exists and will be overwritten.
Copying vector lines ...
Rebuilding parts of topology ...
Building topology ...
4 primitives registered
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   4
Number of primitives:   4
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   2
Number of centroids :   2
Number of areas     :   -
Number of isles     :   -
Tool: Snap line to vertex in threshold
All vertices:   596
Registered points (unique coordinates):   594
Nodes marked as anchor     :     1
Nodes marked to be snapped :   593
Snapped vertices :   594
New vertices     :     0
Rebuilding topology for output vector ...
Building topology ...
2 primitives registered
0 areas built      0%
0 isles built
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   1
Number of primitives:   2
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   2
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0
Number of incorrect boundaries   :   2

    Off course I can't see but a white screen if I try to use ABClean, Why
my boundaries are incorrect, now ????? Should I use bpol option ?
Should I use v.digit to deal with this ????

  Thanks

   D.

Stay ahead of the information curve.
Receive GIS news and jobs on your desktop daily.
Subscribe today to the GIS CafeNews newsletter.
[ http://www10.giscafe.com/nl/newsletter_subscribe.php ]
It's informative and essential.