[GRASSLIST:4365] v.surf.rst segmax

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Fri Sep 17 03:50:20 EDT 2004

dear grassusers!

I'm trying to make a DEM using a vector file prepared using v.digit and
consisted mainly of elevation contours and some elevation sites

I want to try to turn off the segmentation procedure in v.surf.rst

according to the manual "the user can skip segmentation by setting segmax to
the number of data points"

then how do I count that "number of data points"?:

- is it the overall number of cells that will be in the output elevation
raster for the given region and mask?

- or is it the number of all the cells in the raster derived from the input
vector file for the given region and mask?

- or maybe I should do v.to.sites on my input vector file and then count the
number of sites?

Maciek