[GRASSLIST:4374] Re: import landsat HDF images

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Sep 18 14:44:09 EDT 2004

I've written a GRASS script to import ASTER HDF format images using GDAL
(gdalwarp utility) and attach it here. It reads the current GRASS projection
and passes it to GDAL in PROJ4 format, uses the GCP's included in the ASTER
HDF file to georeference the image, reformats the band desired as a geotif,
then imports the geotif into GRASS. It is done that way because GRASS
support in GDAL has been problematic (though possibly resolved in the past
week).

It might give you an idea of how to modify it to read your Landsat data. If
you are successful and want to make such a script available for others to
use, I would be happy to post it on my web site in the GRASS script exchange
area (currently small) for others to download.

Michael Barton

On 9/17/04 12:23 PM, "wouter buytaert" <wouter.buytaert at tiscali.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to import landsat images in HDF format (extension .L1R) in
> GRASS.
>
> I found the r.in.hdf module in the html manual, but the module is not
> installed, probably because the page mentions GRASS VERSION: 4.x
>
> So what is the most convenient way to import such images in GRASS
> 5.0/5.3...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Wouter

____________________
C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

Phone: 480-965-6262
Fax: 480-965-7671
www: <www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton>

File attachment: r.in.aster.tgz
The file attached to this email was removed
because the file name is not allowed.